Paweł Wiczling is a Professor at the Department of Biopharmaceutics and Pharmacodynamics, Medical University of Gdańsk. His research interests include statistical modeling, Bayesian statistics and its application to answer various questions in the area of chromatography and pharmacometrics. He worked on numerous projects in the area of population pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic modeling.
- pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of drugs (PK/PD)
- population PK/PD modeling (Nonmem, Monolix, Stan etc.)
- application of multilevel (hierarchical) modeling and Bayesian inference techniques pharmacometrics.
- clinical data analysis with special emphasis on PK/PD of drugs (mostly anesthetics and antibiotics) used in special populations like children, surgical or Intensive Care Units patients.
- allometric scaling
- clinical trial simulations
- bioequivalence studies
- gradient chromatography
- theoretical basis of retention in pH gradient and combined pH/organic modifier gradient
- determination of pKa and hydrophobicity/lipophilicity using chromatography
- development and optimization of chromatography methods
- quantitative structure-retention relationships,
- application of multilevel (hierarchical) modeling and Bayesian inference techniques in chromatography .